Phoenix Academy is extremely proud to host the Master Tung Acupuncture Masterclass in 2022! The masterclass will be taught by Dr Michael Chung and will combine virtual learning with an in-person workshop in Summer 2022.
Master Tung’s Points are fondly referred to as ‘magic’ because in most cases, these points deliver instant and lasting results. Tung Acupuncture focuses on using fewer needles but achieving instant results.
Master Tung’s Points are located opposite the affected area (points on the head can treat the feet, and vice versa). For this reason, the body’s energetic pathways must be kept clear, so the practitioner selects only a few powerful points for treatment.
Tung’s acupuncture is very safe; most of the points are located on the extremities, pushing energy toward a deficiency or pulling it from an excess. Needles are never inserted at the site of pain or injury. This efficient system enables you to see many patients in a short time, and it’s perfect for network or group acupuncture. Patients love the simplicity and effectiveness of Tung’s Points treatments.
It is currently one of the most sought after and highly esteemed schools of acupuncture, characterized by its simplicity, ease of use, and great clinical efficacy.
Although Tung’s acupuncture is famous for it’s unique set of acupuncture points, the unique points are just part of a much bigger picture. Tung’s acupuncture is a complete system that includes its own channels, unique points, diagnostic methods and needling techniques. Furthermore, Tung’s acupuncture is based on a five zang (six fu) channel system that is unique to the Tung system, and different from the traditional 14 channels of acupuncture. The five zang channel system however, is not widely known of, as it has been obscured in most of the literature regarding Tung’s acupuncture.
This course is an extremely rare opportunity to learn the Tung Acupuncture system from a second-generation Master Tung disciple.
How the course works:
- The course will include knowledge-based teaching with a practice-based workshop.
- Fortnightly live sessions taught on Zoom on Sunday evenings, 6pm – 9pm UK time. The sessions will include theory, demonstrations and practice.
- Students are required to have their cameras on for the duration of the live sessions to ensure a more interactive teaching experience.
- All lessons will include Tung theory and points, as well as dedicated question and answer time with Dr Chung.
- Students will be required to complete homework before the lesson, which will be discussed and put into practice in the teaching.
- Dr Chung requires students to submit case studies to discuss and solve on the online teachings.
- Due to Dr Chung’s busy schedule, some lessons may be pre-recorded.
- This course is suitable for all acupuncturists wanting to further their skillset and knowledge.