About Dr Da Peng Zhang
Dr Dapeng Zhang has accumulated a wealth of experience in practice, teaching and writing over twenty years. He graduated from Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, before becoming a doctor in the city’s hospital. After two years at a teaching hospital in Chicago, USA, he came to the United Kingdom, residing firstly in Manchester where, after establishing a successful practice, he became a regular TCM columnist for the Manchester Evening News.
After moving to London in 2007, Dr Zhang established the Dapeng Clinic in 2009 and now has two clinics, in Marylebone and on Harley Street. Dr Zhang practises body acupuncture, Tuina massage, herbal medicine and reflexology in his clinics to treat a number of ailments.
Dr Zhang is fluent in both English and Mandarin Chinese.
1985 – 1990: Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine – Bachelor of Science in Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine
1993 – 1996: Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine – Master of Science in Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine
2003 – 2006: The University of Salford – Master of Science in Collaboration Health Care
- 2001 – 2002: Supervisor in Pain Management, University of Chicago Medicine
- 2003 – 2007: Licensed Acupuncturist, Tiantian Sun Limited
- 2007 – 2009: Senior Acupuncturist, Sen Med Limited
- 2011 – 2013: Clinical Supervisor & Lecturer in Acupuncture, University of East London
- 2009 – Present: Licensed Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine Specialist, Dapeng Clinic