Five Branches University | Oregon College of Oriental Medicine | Faculty of the Doctoral Program in Emperor’s College
Taught by the Master Tung
- Comprehensive Textbook of Head Needle Treatment
- Chinese Herb Formula Theory
- The Development of Dr Tung’s Special Points
- Point and Meridians in Acupuncture and Moxibustion
- Acupuncture Ching Wei
- Comprehensive Book of Chinese Medicine
- Hundreds of Answers for Pain
- Guides for Longevity and Diet
- Wisdom for Longevity You Must Know
- Chinese Medicine Internal Symptoms and Treatments
- The Essentials of Yi Jing
- Hundreds of Journal Articles
- Lectures of Tung’s Acupuncture
- Illustrated Tung’s Acupuncture Points
- The 5 Transport Points: Clinical Application and Personal Insights
About Dr Wei Chieh Young
Dr Wei Chieh Young is one of Master Tung’s specially selected apprentices. He was taught by the master himself and has spent his career teaching and developing Master Tung’s work to share Tung’s famous points and theory.
- Master Tung’s acupuncture
Dr Wei Chieh Young has spent over 40 years dedicated to TCM, researching, writing and practising. His most notable contribution to the TCM community has been laying the philosophical and TCM foundation for the special points discovered by Master Tung.
Dr Young’s interest in TCM began in his father’s wushu studio whilst learning orthopaedic care. He then independently studied TCM throughout high school, leading to mentorships with Dr Ma Guangya and Master Tung. From treating professors and classmates while in college to volunteer work in Tibet, he has continuously practised and overseen the care of thousands of patients.
Dr Young started teaching in the 1970’s, first as an apprentice to Master Tung then to local universities in Taiwan, and eventually to the rest of Asia and beyond. His passion for teaching is fuelled by his desire to share his research and the benefit more patients. He is favoured for his ability to make difficult concepts accessible and to transform them into effective results.
His ‘no holding back’ attitude is the reason he continues to fill lecture halls and even throughout the development of modern health and herbal practice, Dr Young’s practise has remained effective and relevant. Dr Wei Chieh Young’s understanding of TCM, in the philosophical and conceptual sense, underpins his ability to recreate success in more patients, treat new modern day diseases and share his passion and knowledge to other practitioners.
2 Week Clinical Study Trip in ShanghaiProfessor Ye Zhang
Diploma in Practical Chinese Herbal MedicineDr MingZhao Cheng, Dr Kaicun Zhao, Professor Ye Zhang, Dr Fanyi Meng
Foundation Course in Chinese MedicineDr Fanyi Meng
One Needle Therapy MasterclassDr Wei Chieh Young
Scalp Acupuncture MasterclassDr Hui Nie
The Complete Course of Tung’s AcupunctureDr Wei Chieh Young